Apply online for Higher Education And Skill Development Guarantee Scheme – Delhi Student Education Loan: Delhi government has introduced a Higher Education and Skill Development Guarantee Scheme. This scheme is applicable for students, who have done their X and XII from Delhi. Under this scheme, student loan up to 10 LAKHS will be provided guarantee through a Higher Education and Skill Development Credit Guarantee Fund. For the course which requires the eligibility of class 10th candidate must have done their class 10th from Delhi.
The candidate didn’t need to give any collateral or margin money. The scheme will be valid for everyone regardless of the background of the candidate. The loan provided will help the students to pursue their desired course without any hurdles in future.
Very often we hear of people who happens to be a meritorious student but has to drop their education due to lack of financial support. This scheme will be a boon for the students from lower income families. They can pursue the course of their interest and get a dream job.
Objectives of Higher Education and Skill Development Guarantee Scheme
The main objective of Higher Education and Skill development Guarantee scheme is to provide financial support to deserving candidates. The financial support will be provide by the loan sanctioned by different banks will help the candidate in pursuing the desired degree or skill development courses. The government make the loan available to the desired candidate with acceptable terms and conditions.
Features of Higher Education and skill Development guarantee Scheme:
A guarantee fund is launched by the government worth Rs.30 crore which will be further used for the payment of Annual Guarantee Fee (AGF). Annual Guarantee Fee will be 0.5% of the outstanding amount as on the date of application of the guarantee cover upfront.
All Annual Guarantee Fee (AGF) will be collected on the start of every fiscal year.
Eligibility criteria for Higher Education and Skill Development Guarantee scheme:
- Beneficiary must have done their 10th and 12th from Delhi.
- Beneficiary should be continuing his/her higher education or skill course in Delhi.
- Beneficiary must have got admission in the higher education or skill course institute.’
- Institute in which the candidate is seeking admission should have courses specified by the Delhi government.
Courses Eligible under Higher Education and Skill Development Guarantee Scheme:
- Courses undertaken by IIT, NIFT, NLU, IIFT etc.
- Skill development courses as specified by Govt. of NCT of Delhi.
- Regular degree/ diploma courses approved by Director General of Civil aviation/Shipping/Indian Nursing council or any other regulatory bodies.
- Courses leading to graduation/Post graduation conducted by institute approved by UGC/AICTE/AIBMS/ICMR/government etc.
Apply online for Higher Education and Skilled Development Guarantee Scheme:
Beneficiary can apply online for this scheme by following the steps provided below.
Step1. Visit the official website of Delhi government. http://www.delhi.gov.in/wps/wcm/connect/doit_he/HESDGS/Home
Step2. Click on Apply now.
Step3. Fill the details asked for against the provided space.
Step4. Submit and verify the details.
Step5. Fill in the main application form and submit it.
Expenses to be covered under loan amount:
- Fee payable to school/college/Hostel(reasonable charges applicable, in case candidate chooses accommodation outside).
- Examination/library/exam fee.
- All refundable fees like caution or security fee.
- Purchase of book/equipment/uniform etc.
List of banks approving the student loan under Higher Education and skill Development guarantee Scheme:
List of colleges approved by the Delhi government conducting the courses eligible under Higher Education and skill Development guarantee Scheme:
List of colleges is attached as pdf document here. Click here to download
For further detail visit the official website of Delhi government website. http://www.delhi.gov.in/wps/wcm/connect/doit_he/HESDGS/Home