Apply Online for Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojna(PMAY) – Who can Apply? Eligibility Criteria, Check status of your Application : Basic needs of a human being is Roti, Kapda and Makan . Since long time government is helping its citizens in accomplishing their basic need. Having a roof gives us a sense of our security and safely. Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojna is a scheme launched by Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi on 25th June 2015 under Ministry of Housing and Urban Poverty Alleviation(MHUPA). According to this scheme every citizen of India will have their pucca house by the end of 2022. Under this scheme around 2carore houses will be built. The houses built under this scheme will have all basic services like water supply , toilet facility and electricity.
People from semi urban and rural areas are migrating towards urban areas it is estimated that with this migration rate, urban population of India will be around 800million .keeping this in mind Ministry of Housing and Urban Poverty Alleviation (MHUPA) started the “Housing for All” (HFA) program. Under this program pucca house will be constructed in different part of urban areas. The main group who will get benefits from this program are women, Economical backward groups, Schedule castes, schedule tribes, transgender, widows, members of lower income group and urban poor.
Who can apply for Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojna – Eligibility criteria:
The beneficiary should belong to any of the groups listed below
- Economical Weaker Section (EWS) : family having annual income up to 3lakhs comes under EWS.
- Lower Income Group (LIG) : family with annual income in between 3lakhs to 6lakhs falls under this category.
- Minority Groups: family belonging to ST/SC caste.
- Women: women should either belong to any of the minority groups or should belong to EWS/LIG.
Other clause: family comprising of husband, wife and unmarried children, any member of the family shouldn’t have a pucca house in their name and also the age of head of the family should not exceed 70yrs.
Features of the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojna(PMAY):
- Loans at the rate of 6.5% interest will be provided to the beneficiary for 15yrs.
- Widows, women from weaker sections, physically disabled and senior people will be given preference under this program.
- Environmental friendly construction methods and technology will be used for the construction process.
- Senior and physically disabled people will be given preferences for the ground floor.
- Subsidy up to 2.5lakhs will also be provided by the central government.
Objectives of the Pradhan Mantri Awas yojna(PMAY):
- Every family in India will be having a pucca house with basic services like water supply, toilet service and electricity.
- Preferences to the people who often found themselves out of home like seniors and differently able people.
- People of urban area will have standard of living.
Documents Required for Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojna(PMAY):
- Proof of income that should be less than 6 lacks annually.
- Backward castes(SC,ST etc) certificate issued by the state government.
- Address proof of current stay or residence .
- Identification certificate, Adhar Card, passport or any other government issued Ids.
- Any other certificate as a proof of your claim if any.
How to Apply for Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojna(PMAY):
Step1. Visit the official website of Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojna(PMAY) http://pmaymis.gov.in
Step2. Click on Citizen Assessment button in the menu.
Step3. Select the category according the requirement.
Step4. Enter the Adhar number.
Step5. Fill in the details against the given gap.
Step6. Click on Save Button .
This housing program will be carried out in three phases and duration .
- Phase1- Duration from April 2015 to March 2017, 100 cities selected by the state government and UTs will undergo the housing program.
- Phase2- Duration from April 2017 to March 2019, Additional 200 cities will be covered.
- Phase3- Duration from April 2019 to March 2022, remaining cities .
How to Check Status of Your your Application
To check Status of your Application Read our Another article for Check status