Fishermen Free Housing Scheme – Eligibility Criteria & How to Apply: Fishers which are living in a thatched hutments will be given permanent Houses under this scheme. this Fishermen housing scheme is stated in 1994 and still running. recently there are some changes made in the scheme by Tamilnadu new CM Palanisami. On 20 February 2017, The Chief Minister has cleared the file to build 5,000 houses for fishermen under the Fishermen Free Housing Scheme at an outlay of Rs 85 crore per year. Earlier the Number of Housing Build per year was 2000. check out who are eligible for the scheme and what is the processor to follow.
Features of Fishermen Free Housing Scheme
- under the scheme 5,000 houses for fishermen under the Fishermen Free Housing Scheme at an outlay of Rs 85 crore per year
- the unit cost of Rs.37000/- per house.
- Also a Tube wells at a unit cost of Rs.30000/- per unit for every 10 to 20 houses.
- One community hall for every 75-80 houses that will be cost of Rs.175000 per Unit.
Note: the Cost of the scheme is shared by both State and Central Government of Tamilnadu.
Eligibility Criteria For Fishermen Free Housing Scheme
These criteria must be fulfilled to avail the benefits of the scheme.
- Applicant must be Part (Member) of Fishermen Co-operative Society.
- Applicant Fishermen Must Comes Under Below Poverty Line (BPL).
- Fisherman Should not Own a House.
- Fishermen Owning land measuring 3 cents not more.
How to Apply For Fishermen Free Housing Scheme
there is no online Application for the scheme. you just be sure that you have registered with you co-operative society.