Laptop Bhagya Scheme is launched by the government of Karnataka under the Ministry of Higher Education. Under this scheme, the government of Karnataka will provide free laptops to SC/ST students pursuing higher studies. The Department of Higher Education has set a budget of 112crore rupees for this scheme. The laptops will be distributed from the next academic year to the beneficiary SC/ST student. Around 36000 ST/SC students from the state will get benefited from this scheme. Student belonging to the financially weak ST/SC family will get help in connecting with the technology. Laptop Bhagya Scheme will help ST/SC students in their studies enhancing better technological connectivity. Laptop Bhagya Scheme mainly targets the student pursuing professional courses such as Engineering, polytechnic and other graduation courses in government degree colleges.
Who Will Get The Laptop Under LAPTOP BHAGYA Scheme / Eligibility Criteria:
- Candidate must belong to ST/SC caste.
- Candidate must be a citizen of Karnataka.
- Candidate must be a first-year student of a government college.
Objective OF Laptop Bhagya Scheme:
- Students from ST/SC caste will get hand on the technology which will help them to connect with outer world.
- Student will get better ways to learn new things.
- In the age of digitalization and globalization laptop is an advanced tool for the students.
Specification of the laptop provided under Laptop Bhagya Scheme:
Laptop provided under Laptop Bhagya Scheme will ranges from 30,000 to 35,000 rupees. As such any other specification of the laptop has not been revealed by the Department of Higher Education yet.