Pradhan Mantri Surakshit Matritva Abhiyan (PMSMA) is an initiative taken by the central government under Ministry of Health and Family welfare (MoHFW), Government of India. This Abhiyan is launched by Union Minister Shri Jagat Prasad Nadda on 4th November 2016 with a mission of providing complete care for the women undergoing pregnancy and their child. Under this national program, every pregnant lady will be provide with complete health care and treatment on the 9th of every month at government and private clinics, health care centres, hospitals and maternity centres. Around 2516 doctors have volunteered for the program and around 10,000 facility centres have been already allotted for the program. Programmes main focus is on sub urban and rural areas where pregnant women have lack of awareness and medical centres are not available.
Main objectives of the PMSMA program:
- Providing free health check-ups and necessary treatment to pregnant women.
- To reduce the Infant mortality Rate.
- To ensure the healthy condition of the mother and the baby.
- Awareness about the diseases that could cause harm to the women and their pregnancy.
- Proper counseling of the pregnant women.
- Identification of high risk during pregnancy and its cure according to the past medical reports of pregnant women.
- Proper periodic diagnosis and management with malnutrition.
Main features of Pradhan Mantri Surakshit Matritva Abhiyan:
- Free Anti-natal services(ANC) and required health treatment for pregnant women on 9th of every month
- Best doctors and medical support for free on the nearest health care centres.
- Different color sticker marked on pregnant women showing their level of health. Red color stickers for high risk factor and green for no risk factor women.
- Blood pressure, sugar test, hemoglobin test, weight measurement are some of the check-ups done in the initial screening exams.
- Birth of healthy child along with healthy condition of the mother is ensured.
- Proper diet recommendation during the pregnancy.
How to join/volunteer For Pradhan Mantri Surakshit Matritva Abhiyan
Any private or retired medical personnel can join this mission and can help the government in ensuring the accomplishment of the objective of the program.
Step1: Visit official website of PMSMA https://pmsma.nhp.gov.in
Step2: Click on Register Now button on the official website.
Step3: Fill the various details against the given blank space.
Step4: Click on submit button.
Detailed information about the program, features and facility centers is on its official website https://pmsma.nhp.gov.in
Volunteer working with the government will be awarded and get recognition in a virtual ‘Hall Of Fame’.
Toll-free helpline: 1800-180-1104.
Here is Full Details About the Guidelines, you can download it from here – PMSMA-Guidelines